Saturday, March 26, 2011

Angelina Jolie [Global Humanitarian]

"Refugees have done more for my heart and my spirit than I can ever express in words. They have changed my life. They have shown me friendship and love and courage and loyalty. They have triumphed against enormous odds with unbroken spirit.This work has given me a voice and an understanding of our world. Once you have seen what you must do, how can you stop doing what you can, whatever it costs you?"
- Angelina Jolie 

Angelina Jolie is one of the most inspirational women today. As a human rights activist and a UN Goodwill Ambassador, she has traveled to over 20 countries, including Pakistan, Sudan, Chad, and Kosovo to personally speak with refugees. Her efforts were applauded when she was honored with the Global Humanitarian Action Award in 2005. She was also congratulated by UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and former first lady, Laura Bush. The world can learn a lot from Angelina Jolie's selflessness and courage. For too long humanity has ignored the horrors occurring in third world countries, but because of Angelina Jolie, worldwide attention has been brought to these issues.  






"I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one 'race'-the human race-and that we are all members of it." - Margaret Atwood 

No comments:

Post a Comment