Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Government is a Reflection of Itself, Not the People


Why are there no-fly zones over Somalia and Darfur? The answer is simple. Self interest. Why would the U.S. intervene in a nation that has nothing to offer in return? Exactly why my studies of International Affairs are constantly reinforcing my beliefs that politics=corruption. If you don't believe me than watch the news. None-the-less, I love studying politics, just not engaging in it. That way it allows me to expose the truth. 
Fact: Every Year 1/3 of U.S. Foreign Aid goes to Israel. That's about $2 Billion. The U.S. spends only $300 million to fight AIDS in Africa. So, the U.S. spends 10 times more money supporting Israel, rather than fighting one of the world's greatest killers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment