Monday, March 14, 2011



Islamic Student Association Banquet 
As I promised, I finally found time to blog about my university's Islamic Student Association Banquet, which I attended on Friday. The event came together beautifully and it was one of my favorite moments from this semester so far. It was a great opportunity for everyone to get to know each other better and to spend time embracing our beautiful faith. Enjoy the pics :)
Dr. Liyakat Takim, a scholar in Islamic Studies gave a beautiful speech on humanity. He reminded us all that although not everyone is a Muslim, everyone is a human, and that should be enough to unit us all.

The best part of attending an Islamic event is praying in jama3a 
Everyone together mashAllah

Aqsa and I in our cultural clothes 
The boys snuggling up together to keep each other warm. MashAllah, that's what I call true brotherhood!


ISA executive board with Dr. Takim 
A beautiful way to spend a Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment