Friday, March 25, 2011

Muslim Moment #15

 My sister in Islam once told me to always start every action with Bismillah because it is a constant reminder of Allah and a way to keep myself from doing something haram. At first I thought it was a little too much to say Bismillah to absolutely everything, but I quickly changed my mind on that matter. I mean could you imagine saying Bismillah and than beginning to backbit---no, so to keep yourself from doing anything haram say Bismillah. Before eating say Bismillah and begin eating with your right hand. Even before you have sexual intercourse with your spouse, say Bismillah no matter how silly that sounds. The Prophet said, "If anyone of you, when having sexual intercourse with his wife, says 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Shaitan and also protect what You grant us (offspring) from Shaitan.' And if it is destined that they should have a child, then Shaitan will never be able to harm him." (Sahih Bukhari, Muslim)

No comments:

Post a Comment