Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wasalu Muhammad Jaco

"
Although I try my best to avoid listening to music, sometimes I end up hearing it in the car with friends and what not. I have friends who are serious Lupe Fiasco fans and I never really understood why until now. MashAllah this brother has some very intelligent things to say. He tries to spread the message of Islam through his music, which I think is a good step although some people would disagree. I'm not trying to get into the debate about whether music is haram or not (lets leave that for another discussion), I just wanted to share with you all some of the things I found interesting in his new album. 

"Now you can say it aint our fault if we never heard it

But if we know better than we probably deserve it

Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship?

Murdering is not Islam!
And you are not observant
And you are not a muslim
Israel don’t take my side cause look how far you’ve pushed them"
Words I Never Said- Lupe Fiasco

No comments:

Post a Comment